Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 31, 2008

shakespeare in the park

Skylar's class at school did an adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Sky was a narrator, along with two other classmates. They did a wonderful job. The set was beautiful. They used a wood treehouse as the stage. The kids made paper butterflies that hung from the trees. A local theater company loaned the school boxes of faux greenery and flowers, which covered every possibly area. One boy, who played Bottom, really shone. He was quite funny. I didn't know he had it in him. All of the children were actually fantastic. I love to see them all trying something new, as most of them do not do extra-cirrucular theater. The entire family went to see the show. I was so happy that Shawn was so well behaved and quiet. He didn't want it to end.

This is Sky's friend and this boy has done television commercials in Hollywood.

No comments: