Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 14, 2008

more positivity

There are a lot of self help books out there. Since I was in the profession of psychology and a thinker of sorts I am familiar with many of them. Some are great. Many are nutty. I have recently found one that really resonates with me personally.

I have been reading books and listening to tapes by Esther Hicks, about the teachings of a modern Abraham. Forget how she gets the info, because you'll never buy it. Just listen to the message. She communicates deep wisdom, everyday wisdom, things we know but have perhaps forgotten -- That positive thoughts bring positive life experiences, that anything is possible, that we are spiritual beings having a physical life, that the better we feel, the better we feel, that when things aren't going quite right there are always solutions. These are beliefs I have always held, beliefs I was raised with.

I purchased these Abraham cards from Amazon and they came today in the mail. They are beautiful. Each card has an affirmation with a beautiful multi-colored illustration.

Here are some of my favorites:

Nothing is more important than that I feel good.

I am learning that all problems resolve themselves.

When I'm feeling good, I'm allowing in good.

The secret of creating anything desired: Get happy!

Seeking approval of others hinders my joyousness.

My future isn't about my past. Life is only about NOW.

and the best one...

My happiness is my greatest gift to others.

That about sums it up.
Truly happy people are infectious to be with. Don't you agree?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. I put aside the question about where it comes from and just listen to what is said. And what is said is very, very good. It's internally consistent and a very good philosophy of life.