Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 11, 2008

pamela's cornbread

This is a great recipe I have had for along time. I serve it as a special treat with split pea soup, bean soup, or enchilada pie. It is so easy and quick to make, really delicious, and a great offering to bring to a potluck. It has no milk or butter, but you would never know it. I usually double or triple the recipe for our crew.

Dry Ingredients:
3/4 c. ground cornmeal or corn flour
1/4 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 c. unbleached white flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
sprinkle of cinnamon

Wet ingredients:
4 tbsp. oil (I use sunflower oil)
1 beaten egg (can substitute 2 oz. of tofu)
1 c. Rice Dream
1/3 c. maple syrup (can use agave nectar)

Preheat oven to 375. Blend wet ingredients in mixer. Sift or mix dry ingredients. Add blended wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Line cupcake tin with papers or use a greased 9in. x 9 in. pan. Spoon in batter. Bake 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown for muffins. Bake 25 - 30 minutes for pan. Serve when cooled with butter, honey butter or plain.



Shawn helped me make the most recent batch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T
Thanks for the Yummy Corn Bread and Split Pea soup. It was souper great!
Love, Steve and Deb