Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

June 2, 2008

a happy moment

Monday June 2, 1:08 am

I just finished my book and will take it to the printer tomorrow to print it for final editing - spelling, typos etc...before I turn it in. I wanted to get it done by June 6, the day before we leave, and I think I might just do it.

I was asked to keep it to 200 pages. That was hard, as I had over 220 worth of text. I am down to 203 pages, as of now. I think that is okay, close enough. This includes an intro, the text with several photos, an appendix, a glossary, and author's notes. I am the second author in fact.

I feel so very good about this book. It is beautiful. The words, the images, what it evokes in me, and hopefully in others.

What an honor. And I get to turn it in about five days. I am not sure what will happen from here. I don't even know if it is good enough to publish. But I think it's great. And I have loved every step of the process. I began work on this in August of 2006. Wow.

Anyway it is a very happy feeling. Thank you for your support.

No comments: