There is such comfort in an afternoon spent with my mother and sister -- shopping and having a sandwich and tea for lunch in an old Victorian mansion turned restaurant. There is nothing in the world like this day, so special in its simplicity, while your father generously watches your sis's three young children in his home and your husband watches your three. Just so you can have some time with the girls.
Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.
November 14, 2012
the girls
There is such comfort in an afternoon spent with my mother and sister -- shopping and having a sandwich and tea for lunch in an old Victorian mansion turned restaurant. There is nothing in the world like this day, so special in its simplicity, while your father generously watches your sis's three young children in his home and your husband watches your three. Just so you can have some time with the girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
How wonderful. I felt that way about the house my parents lived in for 6 years after Sara was born. It was home in a way that there are parsonages weren't (except for the one I grew up in here in Barnesville). I guess really where they were was home to me -- a refuge. I miss that refuge. I'm so glad you could have that time with your mom and sis. My dad was cool about doing stuff like that also.
So wonderful that you have such great bonds with your family. What a blessing! What sweet memories!
Sounds wonderful. I miss my mother being continents apart.. we sometimes meet once a year or less. You are so lucky.
Post a Comment