While my blog posts here for the last few months have been a series of catch up of our summer travels (next summer, far fewer stops, phew!), life has been clipping along here at, what suddenly feels like a rapid pace. Perhaps this is how parents of teenagers feel.
Beyond school and rest, we have spent time playing in the ocean and the kids have been learning new sports. Tennis lessons were the first thing the kids did when we got back. Now Annabel and Shawn are back to Taekwondo and Skylar remains, the lone tennis player in the family.
Music continues to be a part of our life. There are currently three albums being recorded in the family, by Gary and both girls. And Shawn is learning piano. It's a great thing, to live in a family of musicians. When I was in high school I knew this boy, he was two years my senior and very handsome. And he could play the keyboards. I was in a theater show with him and all of the kids would gather around the keyboards while played, and we would sing. Then and there I decided I wanted to marry a man who could play the piano.
I guess I got my wish, and then some!
Also fashion is becoming important among some members over here. I am realizing that I am not in it, fashion that is. I am okay with this. I do enjoy looking at jewelry with the girls. And to add to the excitement, Sky has her driver's permit!
Luckily in the midst of all of this we have many quiet family meals, a few visits with friends, and moments to read Gary Larsen comics.


1 comment:
i wonder if your boy will inspire the same dream one day :)
Post a Comment