Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

November 6, 2012

corner view~longing

original watercolor painting 1993

It seems to me that most people long for freedom from something.

What do you long for?    

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Great paintings!
I think I have so much to longing. There is so much and ... but I am satisfied with what I have. I'm healthy, I have a family, I have a job and I live in a safe country. What more could you want?

Beth said...

I like the image---reminds me of Maya Angelo's "Caged Bird" poem that I teach.
You're right--we all long for freedom from something.
Mine is my mind's oppression of me---the depression and self-doubt--insecurity and withdrawing tendency.

Heather said...

So true! Most of us do put ourselves in a cage of our making.

likeschocolate said...

So true! We long for something even when one seems to have everthing.

Le monde dÖ said...

Beautiful illustration... and idea! I long for lovely posts like yours ;))

Tzivia said...

I long for creative inspiration! (& the time to carry it out.)

And I really enjoyed your beautiful depiction of longing for freedom.

Elizabeth said...

You are right. I long for freedom from Sophie's seizures -- for her and for our family. That image is so beautiful -- haunting, really.

Francesca said...

Is this your watercolor? and the one yoga one? they're beautiful.

Kari said...

it's a great image Theresa, and such true words.
happy weekend.