Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

November 10, 2012

after dinner on my birthday


Walking around the charming neighborhoods of the Park Avenue area with my husband, my kids and my parents I was happy.  The girls walked ahead, arm in arm and I thought, "I am so lucky.  Look at how much they love each other.  I have done something right."  I looked at my parents, holding hands as they walked ahead of me, a sign of love that has come full circle.  I looked at all of the houses -- beautiful, big ones, some mansions.  I admired the various architectures, colors, old stone fences, magestic trees, patina details, and beautiful gardens.  Each one so lovingly cared for.  Still I wondered, what makes a house a home?  I have thought about this a lot over the years, as before I started blogging, we moved a few times, and lived in different homes.  I have realized it's the people inside that make a house a home.  It's not the place, but the love.  The love makes a home.    

1 comment:

Cobalt Violet said...

What a lovely birthday! You are right ... so charming!!! Love those kinds of houses!