Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 22, 2012

forest with friends


This was a while ago, back in December actually.  I am posting now because spring break is almost over and although mommy intended to take the kids on all sorts of adventures, we never got to go further than Jamba Juice and the local beach (not too shabby, actually).  This was because mommy was sick and this put a damper on things.

And so now I owe the kids a trip to the forest and the roller skating rink.

There were some spring break accomplishments despite the coughing mother:
The tulsi got harvested.  A few of the plants died though.  Boo hoo.
Annabel and Shawn started novels.
Sky recorded some songs.
I cleaned out most of our storage room.
We cleaned out the kids' rooms.
We read through the kids' old school journals from grades one through three, and looked through lots of old photos and videos.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure it was a restful break for them despite no trips. They have been travelling off and on all year!

Joyce said...

I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure the kids were happy just to be away from school and hang out at home.

likeschocolate said...

Sorry you were sick! I hope you are feeling much better. Sometines it is nice to hang out just at home. Love Jumba Juice. Wish we had one here. We have a couple of places that are similar, but not really the same.