Thanks to our local charter school little Miss Annabel had to put in some service hours over the break, and we can do things for our families Mom, I was told.
We need photos Mom, I was told. (I was more than happy to oblige). Then she had to interview us and write about it. How did the people feel about you doing the work? How did you feel?
What a great assignment. I am really impressed with the charter school this year. There was a presentation night a few months ago where the kids (seventh graders) had to present in groups on various projects they had done. They were so intelligent, they used lots of eye contact, they were sweet and funny. And I thought, how great is it that they are not only learning these math, science, technology and engineering concepts, but that they can teach them. I had no public speaking experience until college and by then I was quite nervous. But these kids will sail through those challenges!
1 comment:
Our school has gotten the children in various projects. I love it!
Post a Comment