Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 27, 2012

corner view~self portrait, where i live

Here it is customary for girls and women to wear flowers in their hair.  While I almost never do this, I did one day when Sky took some shots of me.   It is a beautiful and fragrant white ginger.

14 comments:

Francesca said...

You should wear a flower in your hair everyday!

Elizabeth said...

Hello, you. That's a very nice custom.

Joyce said...

I like both images!! You are beautiful my friend- I love how the beauty from within shines through. I also love the hand photo- the hands tell part of our story. :) xo

Kristin said...

Your are a beautiful woman - and the color of your hair is a dream!

likeschocolate said...

You are lovely with or without a flower. Have a lovely week!

gis said...

you are really beautiful with that flower! I also like a lot the first picture!

gis said...

You really look beautiful with that flower! And I also like the first photo a lot.

Heather said...

Beautiful photo! And don't you just love the smell of white ginger? I grow it in my yard as the flowers are one of my favorite scents in the world.

Heather said...

Beautiful photo! And don't you just love the smell of white ginger? I grow it in my yard as the flowers are one of my favorite scents in the world.

Menthe Blanche said...

A white ginger flower? Wow I didn't smell that flower. This is beautiful and delicate portrait.

Redeker said...

it looks very femine [ how do you say it? very womanlike...] to have a flower like that. it is pritty!!

Bonnie said...

oh, i love flowers in the hair ! it looks lovely on you. and even better that it is fragrant ! mmmmm.

nadine paduart said...

is a white ginger anything to do with the plant, i wonder?
come to think of it, i don't think i ever wore any flower in my hair... i should give it a try though. 's looking good!
n♥

flowtops said...

The flower suits you. You look a bit mysterious - that suits you too!

Nicki

PS I've moved our blog from Blogger to WordPress (www.flowtops.com)