21 years ago, as an art therapy intern
We have all heard the expression, hindsight is 20/20. If we could look back on our lives and the choices we made and where those choices have led us, would we change anything?
Or are all of the choices we made the perfect choices that have led us to where we are?
Certainly we make mistakes. I am not talking about foolishness. I am talking about major forks in the road. Do I attend this college or that one? Do I take this job offer or look for another? Do I move across the country or stay put? Do I move my family to this new place? I remember a point in my young adulthood where I was distinctly aware of the fact that my life choice would lead me down a path, and how it was frightening because I so wanted to do the right thing.
Years later I asked a wise person's advice to guide me when I was faced with another huge life decision. He told me, God guides you where you are. I was hoping for something more concrete. He repeated he same thing.
God guides you where you are.
So much of life is based on making somewhat blind decisions and trusting fate. Otherwise we would be able to see our future. We can only do our best with the information we have, knowing some things will make more sense in time.

8 comments:
So true. No matter how we gain perspective from looking back we can only go forward.
I like what your friend said. I believe the road we pick some times is meant to be taken even though some of the roads have a detour
I would probably change many things, but if I could go back in time, I wouldn't have the "hindsight" knowledge that I have now, and would do it all over again.
Nice photo. Did you make the right decisions?
yup. should we be able to see the future, it wouldn't be any fun messing up.
I would have to say the man is right. I could have never imagined the amazing life God had in store for me. Patience though is sometimes the hardest part.
sounds like the road less traveled is still very attractive... after all these years... ;)))
n♥
I stand at forks in the road constantly these past couple of years. Though on the outside, it looks like I live a tiny little life, tucked away in rural areas of a teensy country, it is a rollercoaster beyond imagination.
I sure hope that in twenty years time, in hindsight I'll think I'd do it all again. (I'm not so sure now.)
Your daughters are the spitting image of your younger you!
Nicki
Post a Comment