Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

September 2, 2010

holy basil look at my tulsi

I came home to this one plant that is gigantic!  I am talking 4 feet tall and almost as wide!  It's the purple tulsi plant.  Time to harvest!

We have been home for 28 days.  I have been so busy since arriving I haven't had time to properly prune and clean up my garden.  One thing I learned, no more tomato plants!  :(  But it's not worth it.  They are a summer bloomer, even where we are where it is so hot, the plants know when it is winter, when it is summer.  Since we are always gone in summer it's not worth it to plant tomatoes.  The only plant that survived has some sort of bug disease...Gardens really do need a lot of love.

But my tulsi is so happy!  Some bugs, but nothing neem won't cure.

This is what I have done since we came home:
*Unpacked and set up a room we had remodeled (can you say dance floor/ performance room people?)
*Gotten Shawn back in school, helping him after school with staying on track with way more homework this year.  Shopping for his school supplies took nearly 5 hours, as I had to go to 3 stores since the other 2 were out of stuff.
*Found the girls a home school teacher and have gotten them going with school, books, supplies, etc.  Meeting with the teacher weekly.  She is GREAT.
* Had a brief surprise visit from Swami (although he didn't stay with us) because there is now a new resident here who Swami lived with for years.  So from now on when Swami comes he won't stay with us anymore...bit of a bummer for us.  We will miss having him here.
* I am currently organizing a workshop with our kids new acting coach from Hollywood.  He is coming here in a month, I am handing his registration, which is fun, but a lot of work on my end - newspaper press releases, etc.
* Hosted Gary's production manager for 4 days while he shot video of Gary singing and playing for several new YouTube videos, all upcoming.  They turned out GREAT!  I will write more about that. 
* Helping oversee Skylar recording songs, making videos, etc.  She runs everything by Gary and me.   
* Continuing social networking for Gary's music, daily
* Helping the kids with every other day shooting brief commercials so they can practice their acting.  
* Getting caught up with eye, dental, orthodontist appointments for all three kids.
* A small fundraising project.
* Cooking, cleaning, piles of laundry!

As Sky used to say when she was little,

"Good my gracious me!"

It's good that I wrote it all down.  I realize, man that's a lot for less than a month, especially right upon our arrival home, where what I want to do is ease back into our life and poke around in my garden.  I am trying to maintain stamina for now I feel pretty tired. 

Good thing the tulsi is good for stress :)

3 comments:

Conny said...

And good thing the Tulsi grew so large, that'll provide more for you to munch on. :) You certainly hit the ground running when you returned! Such a list! Whew!

Great to have you back in blogland. Cheers~

Francesca said...

You have been busy! It's good that your tulsi knew you'd need it in large quantity)

shayndel said...

Wow! You grow tulsi, great:))
(I have only had it in tea bags!)