Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 5, 2010

ten things that make me happy


 I was asked to participate in this by Artic mum a few days ago.  Just discovered the request.

If you read my blog you will see so much of what makes me happy.  In fact I created this blog to focus on the things in my life that I appreciate.

Here's my random list of what makes me happy:

I love clouds on a hot day, yoga, moments of solitude, walking in the woods, working in my garden, eating and growing tulsi, good friends, the family I grew up in, and the family I have created.  And I love that soon we are doing a simple remodel to add a fourth bedroom, which means that all of the kids' rooms will change, and get cleaned and organized, my office area will open up, and we will have room for an art table!

6 comments:

Tree Huggin Momma said...

Cute blog!

healing hillary said...

am loving your list!

Heather said...

What a beautiful list. Thank you for sharing

Nan Sheppard said...

Hindu visitors (in Trinidad) often nod approvingly and say that tulsi doesn't grow for just anyone. It is a holy plant, and if your karma is bad, it just won't grow.

If you cut the stems into little rounds, you can easily make beads by threading a needle and thread through the soft centres, making a tulsi 'mala' or necklace. You're not supposed really to eat meat, though, if you're wearing one.

sarapirat said...

clouds and yoga and growing veggies and family... i so agree with you!
enjoy this weekend!

Cherry B said...

Wow, sounds like a fabulous project! Will you mosaic some parts of it? You have quite a talent for it!!