Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 4, 2010

saving the planet starts at home

 
Our girls created this short (50 second) video with their home school teacher.  They have entered it in an Environmental Protection Agency Youtube contest about caring for the earth.  If you have time to look, and even comment, they love comments!  If they win the prize money (top prize is $2500) they are going to give a percentage of it to an environmental charity.  It was a great experience.  Skylar story boarded it, and they both acted in it.  So did my husband and I.  My claim to fame.  Let me know if you want my autograph.



5 comments:

likeschocolate said...

They did a fantastic job! No, the red barn isn't mine but a neighbor down the street. I love this barn. I also dream sometimes of farm life, but I realize it is a lot of work which I don't have time for right now. Have a happy week!

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Oh what fun you and your proactive family have been up to. Way to go girls!

:)Lisa

Elizabeth said...

That's terrific. You must be so proud of those girls! And you look very good on film as well -- in fact, the Oscars are this weekend...

Francesca said...

So great! And there's something moving about seeing you all on video, and hearing the girls voices, after following your blogs and getting to know you through photos (and songs).

gardenmama said...

The video was great! Good job girls! And yes, I *do* want your autograph; )