Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 14, 2010

hike on the top of the world

this flower is huge, grows on a vine, and smells like vanilla

a little quality real estate

my brother Tim, and his wife Eileen

They really liked it up here.  Coming from Chicago, it was another world.  This hike was actually on a paved road with a few residences.  Most were far from the road, located on several acres.

I loved what this little girl created with her mom -- treasures from nature.

9 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

So serene and beautiful! To live surrounded by such magnificent natural beauty must leave you speechless on a regular basis.

From the Kitchen said...

I don't know where you are but it certainly isn't Chicago (where I am). Lovely, lovely!

Best,
Bonnie

Unknown said...

too beautiful for words--you really live in a paradise!

Emily said...

I would love to find a flower that smells like vanilla! What a wonderful place to live...and walk!

Elizabeth said...

Incredible -- especially the vanilla-scented flower and that last gorgeous photo.

Francesca said...

You have the most amazing skies in your part of the world!

RunninL8 said...

Wonderful hike! I'm trying to figure out where you are! it's like another country! Would LOVE to have vanilla smellin' flowers in my house!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Beautiful walk. You should submit this to Imagine Childhood's nature walk series...always fun to see walks around the world and this one is especially beautiful. And I love those treasures from nature...lovely creations.

sunnymama said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Such a lovely post. :)