Last month I had a ton of extra basil in my little surburban neighborhood garden, I am proud to say. The basil was at least three feet tall and a couple of feet wide. It was taking over the tomatoes and other plants. At the same time it just so happened that our neighborhood health food store was low on organic Italian basil. Exactly what I had, I told them. So I picked two huge bags full. I also brought them some Thai basil and of course, those of you who know me well...ta da!
Holy basil.
Holy basil is right. I made twenty three whopping bucks. It was so fun. I even wore overalls that day to pick and deliver the goods.
This whole experience gave me so much joy. Aren't the plants beautiful? Look at those leaves!
Have a great weekend.
P.S. The girls' Saving the Planet Starts at Home video made it to the final round of the EPA Youtube contest. Feel free to give it a good rating if you like it. :)
12 comments:
Of course you had to wear overalls:)! Well done, your crop is truly remarkable! And congrats to Sky and Annabel!
Yay! On the holy basil transaction and the youtube video contest. What a talented family!
Your basils are awesome! I grew basils on my balcony last year but they didn't grow bigger...
oh that is joyful indeed! im sure your healthy basil pleased many tasty meals.
WOW-I wish I had some of that right now! I adore basil. Thank you for stopping by my blog and being the first to mention Corner View-how did you know I was joining the fun? Have a wonderful day.
hello farm lady :)
so maybe you can guide me: i cut my basil down a few months ago, all the way, cause it had withered completely. now i have been hoping it would make it's way back as the spring arrived, but it looks awfully sad and dead down there by the stubs. do they reappear, or am i just be naive?
i'd love thai basil but cannot find it here :( it's the best in meat/veggie dishes!
Wow - how great they would buy it right from you! And that is a lot of basil...it doesn't often get hot enough here for long enough for the plants to get very big (so I just grow a ton of little plants). :)
oh how fun! basil is my favorite herb...I will be able to plant some very soon here. I love to make Pesto. It is so addicting I even spread it on crackers!!
ps....your meyer lemon tree is a cutie!
Hi farmer! I'm enjoying your blog. I'll visit again when I have more time.
I'm jealous. I killed my basil plant and had to buy a thimble full for $3 today.
Ohhhhh, I LOVE basil!
Mine didn't "make it" last year...yours looks amazing!!!
I bought my annual basil a couple of weeks ago, but it may have been a bit early with rains returning through Easter. It's definitely one of the great treats of the sunny, dry season of northern California.
Post a Comment