Old style architecture
Brand new home
Beautiful oceanfront property that I just love, in a secluded beach town, surrounded by open space. This is about ten minutes from where I live. I am in a more populated beach town.close up of the same property
When I thought about our typical architecture I realized since we have no big city here - there are no large buildings, other than a few modern office buildings. We also have no freeways, can you imagine that?
This is unlike many big cities I have been to around the world with rich historic buildings -- Washington DC, Paris, Venice, Mexico, Toronto, even my home town of Rochester, New York.
This is unlike many big cities I have been to around the world with rich historic buildings -- Washington DC, Paris, Venice, Mexico, Toronto, even my home town of Rochester, New York.
So typical architecture for us is really limited to home structures. In snapping photos, I noticed that much of the building where I live incorporates rock walls, as there is a surplus of this material. That being said, there are some architectural influences from the mixed cultures that came to inhabit our home region many years ago.
By the way, ladies and gentlemen, I have a question for you. It pertains to a giveaway I am going to do soon, but I need your help deciding where to start. Can you help me choose:
A.) Gary's first record, more resembles jazz (here's a song from that), or B.) his most recent record - rock (a song from that).
Thanks. Have a great week.
For more corner views of architecture go to the sidebar here.
A.) Gary's first record, more resembles jazz (here's a song from that), or B.) his most recent record - rock (a song from that).
Thanks. Have a great week.
For more corner views of architecture go to the sidebar here.



28 comments:
It doesn't matter that there isn't a great big city there. Your local architecture is all about taking it easy and enjoying life.
Love both songs. Sorry, I'm no help.
Gorgeous houses! I'm having a bad internetconnection, so I hope to come back for listening :)
I would love to get lost in front of that ocean..lovely and relaxing walk.
Rock walls, where have I seen them before:)! I'm also on a slow(er) connection day, but I'd say the most recent - just to get a sense of where he's now.
Lovely the old style homes on stilts, close to the beach. I can imagine living there. It looks so relaxed.
I love the old style so much more than the stucco and tile roof monstrosity "McMansion!" why would anyone abandon the older style that fits so naturally in with the surroundings?
.... and whoops - I'm hoping that big house isn't yours :}
Wow ... such a difference in the styles ... love the old sytle best, I think.
Wonderful, all of it!
And I am a gluttonous giveaway lover -- anything and both!
Beautiful homes.
Thanks for the info on your brothers. I spent a week on a ventilator in ICU over 2 yrs ago. I hope I don't have to go that route again for the next surgery coming in May. If I ever need a doctor in UChicago I will for sure be contacting you. Smile... xo
I would be happy with either choice of music.
thanks for coming by my blog and comment. I must apologize for being unfaithful to "corner view" lately. I hope I can catch up with you all sometime in future weeks :)
Wow! Where do you live? Gorgeous!!
I can't believe how talented your hubby is!! LOVE his tunes! My vote is for B, Sky High.
Gosh ... it looks lovely. I really like the old style.
Sorry, but my internet connection is bad so I cannot listen now!
I wouldn´t mind to live in that house in the first picture...listening to the waves...hmmm. Just the part that says ´oceanfront property´ makes it sound beautiful. ;)
And as a jazz lover I would go for A.
Have a great week, Jeannette
love that pagoda-looking house.
and hmmm, they're both great. i like the oldie best if i HAVE HAVE to choose. xoxo
Oh how nice to be surrounded by such lush greenery and those porches!! Coming fro the midwest a nice porch is something I miss. To be a stones throw from such a peaceful beach and town, little sign of urban life! Here it is hard to be far from the sight of buildings old or new. Thank you for your kind words on capers. A give away, am feeling one of those coming on too! Both songs are nice, so am afraid I am not of too much help on that one.
B - Dreamy architecture !!!
wow this is beautiful! like something i've only seen in movies! i can't even imagine living around such beautiful homes. as for the give away, i'm partial to jazz but that's just me :)
love your blog..life in the tropics sounds wonderful. i can hardly wait to read more.
no freeway is ... good !
it is so different from here old europe & be sure i really enjoyed the oceanfront drive/walk with you !
ROCHESTER! WOOO HOOO! How small this world really is. Not that I can imagine why you would leave all this grey for such greenery....
Oh! I think I need to come for a visit. YOu live in Paradise!
oh, the tropical feel your photos exude. it is screaming "vacation!" to me!
nicola
Which Name?
Oh what a beautiful place and architecture. I have fallen in love with your island and writing.
Thank you for visiting me.
it looks like paradise:)... lucky you!
ohhhh love the old architecture!!! i was wondering where do you live?
I am so pleased to see the 'soul' of your civilization, dear Theresa. This is the architecture, this is the art how the people used space there. Thanks a lot for sharing interesting photos, appreciate it.
Oh giveaway that you think on? Well, I'm music addicted, so I'd like you to prefer jazz, jazz, jazz:) Thanks in advance for your so thoughtful action to organize the giveaway.
Very soon I also plan a giveaway, please keep an eye on my corner.
no wonder you love that particular property. looks like such a fantastic place to live in.
all in all, your corner's a pretty amazing one, isn't it?
(I'm going to check whether it says on your profile where you are. curious too :)
Wonderful selection of interesting architecture. Love the last picture! :)
Post a Comment