Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 21, 2015

mom and dad celebrate fifty years

How do you begin to honor those who gave you life, who raised you from a tiny babe, who stood by your side at every milestone as well as the day-to-day mundane?  Who were there to watch every gymnastics meet, who stayed at your bedside when you were in the hospital for bone surgery, who planned a surprise party for your sixteenth birthday, who came and helped you after each of your children were born?

I really love them and I really miss them.  Especially lately.

Last fall, my three siblings and I traveled to their home and we had a party.  After all, a fifty year anniversary doesn't happen but once in a lifetime.

Dearest Mom and Dad,
You have taught me so much about faith, honor, hope, and perseverance.  You have taught me about the importance of humor, and kindness, compassion for others who are less fortunate.  You helped me learn when to worry, and when to let things go. You have shown me by your example, what class truly is.

You gave us such a sweet and precious childhood, out there on 10 Fellows Road, in the beautiful countryside.  You worked so hard to put me through really good private schools, and to this day, I love school.  You stayed by my side during hard times, even when I was the cause of them. You always believe in me and help me when I need it.

You have instilled in me the importance and blessing of having a close, caring family. You gave me three incredible siblings, all so different, all so wonderful. I continue to learn and benefit so much from the relationships I have with all five of you.  We continue to help each other and we continue to laugh together.

Mom and Dad, most importantly, you have taught me about love.  And because of that, you are my angels, God's love in human form.  Thank you for everything from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: