Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 18, 2015

back home, autumn 2014

Fall was an interesting time.  Actually fall began for us in early August, since we returned for our summer trip then.  The kids were in school by then so I consider it autumn.  We were supposed to move in early August, but then we didn't.  Instead life went on.  Sky had her best friend from childhood visit from California, we celebrated two birthdays, including a surprise party for Sky's 18th (yes she was totally surprised), and I flew to a neighbor island to see my brother for a couple of days. I watched him give a medical talk, and for the first time in my life was able to see him as a professional instead of just my big brother.  He was brilliant.

We were deep in the throes of college applications.  It was quite a time.    

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Looks like you are getting closer and closer to catching up! So much fun for you guys!