Whenever I travel I look for what inspires me. Sometimes it's people, sometimes it's an image, sometimes it's a tree carved from redwood. Are we walking in the right direction? One thing I believe, we must always be on the lookout for our angels.
Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.
March 19, 2015
a trip i took a while ago
Last fall I took a trip to three distinct places, two in California and one in New York. In California I stayed with two friends, first in the countryside and later in the city. This post is about the bookends of the trip, both visits took place in California.
In life, we try to sort things out, to figure things out. We look for signs, we look for clarity. Sometimes the clarity comes in ruling out that which does not work for us. It is often the simple things that lead us to make the big decisions. A small store that sells fresh baked scones flavored with lavender, priced just right, that says to us I love these mom and pop places. The smell of the trees and the fresh morning air from a cracked window, that welcomes us to a new day. The color of the sky at dusk as we walk through the forest. The glance of an old man over a plate of spaghetti, his friendliness, his smile that says, yes this is a place I will return to happily. Was he an angel put there by God, to steer us in the right direction?
Whenever I travel I look for what inspires me. Sometimes it's people, sometimes it's an image, sometimes it's a tree carved from redwood. Are we walking in the right direction? One thing I believe, we must always be on the lookout for our angels.
Whenever I travel I look for what inspires me. Sometimes it's people, sometimes it's an image, sometimes it's a tree carved from redwood. Are we walking in the right direction? One thing I believe, we must always be on the lookout for our angels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a blessing to be able to travel so much and find that which inspires you!
Post a Comment