Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

October 12, 2010

corner view~green/relationship with nature

photo from Google images

I love green.  Every time I look at this picture I can't help it, I just take a deep breath. 

Green is the color of life. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. I eat daily from my herbs and lettuces in the garden, savoring each flavor.  I love watching seedlings unfold, and the taste of an herb's tender bud, right as the seed pods begin to form.  

Thank you Otli, for hosting corner view this week.  One of the reasons I love corner view is that it is a reminder of the fact that we all share this beautiful planet, and that we are all connected more than we usually realize.

Be sure to check out Annabel's post and hear her recently recorded version of Earth Song.  And if you want to hear my thoughts about the environment - composting, recycling, gardening, cutting down on consumerism, please feel free to read my blog labels "the environment," or my retired blog called "the Green Mama."

For more corner views about green and people's thoughts about nature go to the sidebar on the upper right corner.

Next week's topic will be holiday photos (vacation photos for the Americans), as suggested by the cool world traveling writer Ian.

I will continue to host corner view until Jane returns from her galavanting with bulls, olives, grapes, and all things Spanish.  Jane if you are out there we love you and we hope you are enjoying art school!  Cate and I decided my hosting CV would be simplest, especially since we are adding newcomers, and some people are emailing me a tad confused.  You will see that the CV list has been trimmed, if anyone has been cut accidentally, and wants to participate, let me know.  Please accept my apology.  I did my best.  Also if anyone has other ideas for future themes feel free to post here.

Toodles, my friends.  Happy October!

34 comments:

shayndel said...

Beautiful photo, thoughts, and connections with nature!
Happy Green days to You:)

On the blog list, I noticed my sister Tzivia was on an earlier list but don't see it here---if she could get re-enlisted, thanks! and thanks for your hosting,xo

Dorte said...

Happy October to you too ... and what a beautiful photo :)

PS It seems that you have trimmed me out of the cv list.

shayndel said...

PS just listened to Annabel's recording---beautiful!

anna said...

I love love love green & always feel better after walking through nature. Thank you for the effort you put in hosting cv!

tanïa said...

Thank you so much for this oh-so-true corner view post!
I totally agree with your words. It's our responsibility to respect and care about nature, even if it's only in small terms - better than nothing! The "new media" such as internet (and cv as part of it) are a way to realise that the world is just around the corner and interventions in nature affect us all.
As we are human beings we are able to reflect what we're doing and to influence our behaviour.

Finally I'm glad you are going to host cv now, also was a bit confused at last. ;o)

;) said...

Thanks for this deep breath! and this beautiful photo.

Have a green day

Ian said...

Thank you for your very kind comment.

Cole said...

Lovely! And thanks for hosting- that does seem simpler. Thanks to Ian for next week's theme- that helps me feel like less of a blog slacker and like I intentionally waited to share! It may be a long one as we were blessed with 3 trips this summer!

nadine paduart said...

so.... that means we link back to you then, next week? oki! i agree on green, and its effects... as a matter of fact, right now, i'm dreaming of --- ;)

Francesca said...

Thanks for all the clarifications, and arrangements Theresa! I like how you thought of green as food also.

Juliette said...

holiday photos...how apropos, I'm terribly behind in posting some of mine! =P

likeschocolate said...

Thank you so much for making the list simplier. While I enjoyed looking at everyones blogs it was frustrating spending the time to see what people had posted only to find that they hadn't posted anything. I loved Annabels post. You have a very clever daughter.

tikjewit said...

Breath-taking & breath-giving!!

Isabelle said...

great shot ... I love this photo too

Unknown said...

Hello I love your connections and today's topic. Something so close to my heart!

I'm ready to be back on the list Mary form the yellow door paperie.

Joyce said...

This photo took my breath away- beautiful!! Where was it taken at? Thanks for hosting CV my friend. Also your kind words. xo

Kari said...

that photo is beautiful and it does make you want to take a step back and relax.
Thanks for doing CV.

p.s. the orange photo last week were not real Buddha's. they are little figurines.

Mlle Paradis said...

i feel exactly the same way when i see the green of hawaii. it fills me to bursting. great post.

KathyA said...

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw that picture!! It made me take a deep breath!!! Great minds and all that...

Unknown said...

same words.

Anonymous said...

beautiful serene image

merel said...

Wow thats green!!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Wondeful photograph. Imagine living there? Wow.

Conny said...

I love that picture a lot ~ when I look at it I can almost feel the moisture coming off it. ;) Anything so lush would have to include water. Very calming.

Thanks for continuing to host - I'm glad you're carrying the CV torch.

The other day I was thinking of themes, just in case the torch was passed to me and so I could be ready. Not an original because it's been done in Britain on a radio show, and currently here on my favorite radio station. A desert island theme: what 3 items would you take with you. The 3 items being: 1 book, 1 piece of music, and 1 luxury item.

Kasia said...

Wonderful image- a magic green place...

Thank you for sharing,
Kasia

Janis said...

If there is heaven that must be it! The image reminds me of a Korean movie called "...spring, summer, fall, winter, spring..." I recommend it highly too :^)

hinke said...

beautiful photo! next week i won't join CV, because i'am on holiday taking my holidaypicture ;)

Ann said...

Nice image...

I really think its cool eating something from your own garden.

Anonymous said...

Such loveliness! Thank you for sharing!

Don said...

What an idyllic spot... and so green!
Thanks for hosting.

Redeker said...

wow, I would LOVE to live there!!

Valerie said...

Well written ! I wonder where that lush place on the picture was taken... ?
I'm afraid I'm glad CV is not moving places every week because I'm one of those who were a bit confused to have to "hunt" for where & what subject...
Next week's theme is going to be just what I needed because I never posted some photos of my last little vacations in Southern France with my daughter late August, a second chance for me :)

Daan said...

Green it is!! Thanks for hosting!!
your girl is amazing and i loved your post about the workshop!

-x-

Tzivia said...

The photo is breathtaking!
As a newcomer to CV, I must say that I, too love the way it connects people around the world in such a simple and neighborly way. This week's focus on nature, precious and shared by us all, really brought that home.