OK guys. I got out my brushes. These are my daughter's paints, but still. At least it's a step in the right direction. Note the new laminate floor, perfect for spreading a drop cloth and painting on top of with no worries about getting on the carpet. Not an art studio, but kinda.
I did this painting a few years ago for fun when I was teaching my girls how to work with acrylics.
I am teaching home school art this year. I even have a textbook. Now that I put it in print, I have to follow through!!! And be organized! haha That will make for fun creative time for me and my kiddos. I want to include my son in the lessons too if I can find the time when he is home from school.
Those of you who don't know me - I am a stay at home mom, home schooling two middle school girls with the help of an awesome tutor and working part time to promote my husband's rock music. Just started working with my husband last spring, so it's all new. I am learning very quickly about the music business!
I like the idea of posting about my creative space. It will give me a chance to make it a priority :) Thank you Kirsty for creating this. It is fun to see what other people are doing, a little bit like my art school days.
Because mostly my creative space as of late has been occupied with helping with video production of my cool rock star hubby, helping him with wardrobe and lighting, etc. We are making YouTubes of his songs with him in them. If you are really interested let me know via the comment section and I will send you some links. Here is the first song we put on YouTube. My daughter made the video for her dad. It is a song he wrote called "Sky High."
But I hope to get back into painting, or any art making this year. It has been a long time since I have personally made something just for sheer joy of creating.
7 comments:
Thank you for your always lovely comments on my blog Theresa! I do read your blog although I never seem to comment on any blog lately (bad of me!) I wont be following corner view in the upcoming months. And good luck with your creative art!
It IS an art studio! Love that painting! So vibrant and beautiful. Can't wait to see what you create. Go for it!!! (should we hold you to it? :)
Hi Theresa! Yes! Do! Get your creative groove on! You must! There are so many ways to be creative which are valid but once you get started with the brush or crayon again, it will be like going home I bet. And good luck with the music stuff for hubby. On WNYC's soundcheck this week I think they had a show about how it's all about merchandising these days.......what do you think?
Do please continue to include me with the CV'ers. I'm afraid I missed it this week - what's the subject for next week? I have a couple of suggestions: extremes, seasons, and structure.
Sweet post about parenting your kids. I have learned ONE thing about boys since I've been married to one: when they ask you "how are you" or "what do you have to tell me" they usually have something they want to tell you! Much aloha!
Don't sell yourself short! Everything you do, at least the way I see it, is creative and artistic. How special, though, to have a dedicated space.
Hi again Theresa - I think I'm known as Mlle Paradis on Jane's list. Looking forward to the next one - got's my camera finally!!! (yay!)
Hi Theresa, thanks for asking about CV. It's fine if you erase me from the list - I might come back,because I really loved the challenge, but for now, I'm just being a lousy blogger.
CV has been fun!
Therese/Earth & Living
Hi Theresa, what an interesting life you have. That's the thing about blogging, you meet so many people living insanely different lives. That painting is seriously stunning. I love the colours. Would love to hear all your tips (and do publish that book)... Pruxxx
Post a Comment