Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

April 28, 2010

corner view~animals


My kids love animals.
 


 
 
 

 

 




Spending time with animals is so important for children.  Since we have no pets, I try to give our kids time with animals as much as possible.  The time spent, I have come to see, cannot be rushed.

I too love animals.  I grew up with wonderful dogs.  Today I was taking my bath and listening to the birds chirping, deciding what to write for CV.  I thought, "What would life be like without birdsong?"  I don't ever want to find out.

This topic came from fellow corner viewers - my daughter Annabel and DaanBoth of my girls wrote about their love of animals today.

To see more worldwide thoughts about animals go to the sidebar here.  

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Of course your children would love animals so openly -- they are all beautiful!

Angie Muresan said...

The photos you shared are beautiful. Your kids really do like animals, don't they? Are they asking for a pet?

Francesca said...

We only hear birdsong in the warm months of the year: it's the song of spring and summer!

likeschocolate said...

The dogs are way too cute! I am not able to leave a message on Annabels sight for some reason. Please tell her good job. When I read her stuff, I am amazed that she is only 11. She writes so well.

Conny said...

Such a great selection of pictures! The turtle photo is really good. Bird song is something that makes me happy too. When I was young my mother used to raise canaries in two aviaries in our backyard. It was fun listening to the males learn their songs from each other. They are so competitive.

KathyA said...

My children love animals, too. Each of them has a dog -- my son has three HUGE ones, 11 barn cats and four horses! My daughter runs a riding program. I think animals make us more responsible; more compassionate.

Isabelle said...

great shots ... great kids too !!

Mlle Paradis said...

great "hands on" post! and about the birdsong....that is something that i miss SO VERY MUCH about my life in hawaii AND in england. the birdsong in both places is so distinctive and such a part of the atmosphere.

glad you're getting to have some in your own part of paradise! in the bath! oh yes!

sarapirat said...

animals, nature.simply amazing. we got baby goats this week. so pretty...
nice post.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are amazing! All of them! Your kids are adorable. I definitely think they need some pets of their own! Happy weekend!

Barbaramama said...

What a beautiful pictures!!

Pam said...

Great animal pics....love them

RosaMaría said...

thanks for sharing those beautiful photos from your family album! your kids are so great!

shayndel said...

beautiful photos--- such a purity and natural love for animals that shows thru! Happy week to you and your family:)

soisses-dasleben said...

ohhh... your childs are sweet - on the pics i like them more than the animals ;-) nice corner view!