Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

May 2, 2010

my new job

I love my new job.

I am officially the head of artist management of our family company, Marksland Entertainment.

Music is uplifting, and can change people -- change their moods, make them think, help them relax.  I feel that music is our family's gift.  All of us want to make a difference through music.

I am actively trying to get Gary's music in television and movies, and placed with other performers who don't write their own material.  I began this job on March 1st.  I have already gotten Gary a record deal with a company in Europe, Kindred Spirits.  They are going to re-release a CD of Gary's older jazz rock music. And seven of his songs will soon be played in 15,000 retail outlets throughout Europe from a deal I landed with iTunes!

The best part of this job is that I wake up happy and inspired and feeling like singing and dancing.

I am taking formal singing lessons too from Gary.  Gary says I could be a great singer. I decided to believe him.

The first photo is from the girls' first concert in 2006.

Rock on!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yes. Rock on. Your family's music is a gift -- I know because it has been to us!

Juana said...

Good luck Theresa! Yours is a gifted and talented family.

KathyA said...

A perfect job! Music is life altering. I began college with plans of being a voice major...

tikjewit said...

Congrats! Your new job sounds like pure music; wishing you all the luck with your new steps; Trallalalaaaaa!

anna said...

Well done! A job that obviously fits you! Enjoy :)

shayndel said...

Congratulations! How wonderful that you have a created a life for you and your family around music---best wishes and happy singing+))