Shawn won a school wide award for good character in his first grade class. This month the quality was justice. A little girl from his class came up to me after the ceremony and said, "Shawn deserves Pueo of the month. He is always fair and he always tells the truth."
Home school - Shooting a video: "How to aquajog." Underwater camera was ultra cool.
We hosted a house concert featuring the entire family - everyone (but me) played and sang music and we did a comedy skit with all five of us, and our buddy Jason, the bass player. It was so much fun, and we followed with an assortment of deserts. This was a fundraiser for an organization in Haiti. My physician brother recently went there for a couple of weeks with the University of Chicago Med Center.
We auditioned to be extras in a movie being filmed around the corner from where we live. Crowds like I have never seen here gathered. Jennifer Aniston draws 'em in.
Sky is working on a documentary film being made by Lisa and Marq, about our musical family. This is an ongoing project, and each family member is being interviewed.
Easter. New beginnings.
Sky and Gary went to Los Angeles to mix Gary's new CD. It came out great. Sky helped so much that Gary is giving her assistant producer credit. I am very excited. This is his best work yet. More on that soon...
Home school history oral reports. Dad is the teacher of this class, while Miss Lisa attends and takes notes, then gives assignments. Pictured, the girls are reading their online reports on U.S. history - slavery and emancipation. I love the bare feet and casualness of this image. But it's serious study, let me tell you.
Occasionally I let the girls work on homework together, if they don't goof off.
A certain red headed boy turned 7! I made the cake, Sky decorated it. On Shawn's birthday, he said, "In my particular mind, a birthday is a chance to be nice to people and to show your love for people."
And of course, our newest obsession, cool dancing, Michael Jackson style.




3 comments:
What a lovely amalgam. The gatherings, benefit, and special projects are impressive.
I may be dense, but what does PUEO stand for?
Happy Birthday to that wise, red-headed young man!
Your Blog entries mean so much to me. They are so much better than photo albums, although the 20 photo albums you keep adding to are very nice to have also! All in all, you are the best family historian I know.
Love, G
What a lovely update Theresa! I loved all the images, and what your family is up to is as always very, very cool.
Post a Comment