The best part of the day was attending an evening party at some friends' house to celebrate their son's 7th birthday. Their house used to be a preschool, in fact Sky attended school there briefly one winter when we came here for a few months, before we moved here. So their backyard is still set up like a playground with an enormously loving tree, her arms spread to hold twenty or more children in a huge treehouse, as they climb stairs and run and have pirate fights. I meant to bring my camera...wish I had.
After playing outside, including making spin art with Michael the superdad, who created a huge wooden spin art device with about ten colors of paint for the kids and grownups, we went inside where superdad had a corner of their huge family/living room set up with full on deejay equipment, table, computer, disco balls, lights, and great speakers. They played fun dance music and we all danced - the 20+ kids, and the adults. I loved dancing as a family, all of us. Our kids loved making requests for songs. What can I say, it was an "all of us" moment. One of those moments I think I'll always remember - the spontaneity of it all, and the connection and joy we felt as a family, filling half of the dance floor by our sheer number, spinning and twirling and practicing our moves. We danced until they played the last song, and it was time to go home.
I love our family.
I took the above photo a few weeks ago, after we finished watching This is It. We were all so inspired and danced to MJ for an hour after the film. The film showed the real MJ - talent, master of dance and song, and sweet and humble. The main message he gave during his last rehearsals was, "It's all for love." Now that's something we can all remember. Our lives are for love.
I will announce my giveaway winner on Monday. It's not too late to enter, just see the post below.
Have a great Sunday!
5 comments:
How wonderful that you can enjoy your family as you do. And how fun is it to find such a bargain on a ceiling fan!!
We worked hard in the garden yesterday mulching and filling the pots with new potting soil. Had to take Tylenol so I could move!!
Such a lovely post! Those are the real moment of life -- when things fall into place, when we freely enjoy the opportunities in front of us, when we're surrounded by family and friends. Treasure.
they are the best moments, aren´t they? lucky we learned to realize and enjoy them:).... have a great week!
What a wonderful day.
So nice of you to visit our blog, thanks and feel welcome.
I just bought This is It for my television and we haven't gotten around to watching it, so this post comes just in time to motivate me!
Post a Comment