Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

April 30, 2013

corner view~music

Music adds life to life.

Tonight I was finishing up dinner and I was running late so the natives were a tad restless.  But the broccoli could only cook as fast as broccoli can cook so there was some time to pass.  Gary walked over to the piano and started playing.  Annabel pulled out her electric guitar and joined him.  Shawn walked over to his drumset, turned on his computer to record and joined.  And they jammed.  They sounded great. I stood at the stove and danced while the broccoli sizzled, grateful that this all happened, that it could happen.

Always there is music here.

After dinner Gary showed the kids a video of Chuck Berry playing with John Lennon.  Later Shawn came to me and said that musicians listen to music differently than non musicians, as he commented on a new pop song that he didn't care for much.  "Musicians are more deep about lyrics," he said.  And I wondered what songs he will write some day once he masters the piano he has begun to learn this year.  

We are releasing Gary's new CD, "No Turning Back."  He is getting positive response from fans and new listeners.  Sky is finishing a new CD, and it will be done very soon.

Always there is music.

Here's the latest Gary Marks original song to hear.  It is titled "Words."  The first sentence is great.  "In a life of wandering, never cross a diamond mine with too much money to burn."

Free downloads of his songs are on his Reverbnation and Facebook pages. CDs for sale via moi. Just let me know if you'd like one.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

releasing his new CD! that is so exciting! my husband plays the guitar and i love when he plays while i cook!!

i'm listening to the new song now. i like it ....

simply bev said...

What a wonderfully musical family! I love your son's comment. Very wise!

Heather said...

How wonderful to have your own personal rock band to entertain you as you make dinner! (I wonder if I can get Duran Duran to do that for me??)

Redeker said...

Must be lovely to be in a house with always nice music there! Sometimes I listen to the cd from Gary and I can be a little bit in your house! ;-)

Francesca said...

what a wonderful atmosphere! and I bet the broccoli tasted great after a litte music :)

shayndel said...

Such a blessing for all of you to have music to share together as a family!!
Music is really nourishing isn`t it!!
best wishes and congratulaions on the new song!