In 2009 we took the kids on a magical trip to France and Italy.
After spend some days in Paris we took a train to Bordeaux and then drove to Sarlat.
We were supposed to take a highway but quickly got lost from the directions that had been given to us in French, so we took the backroads.
What a fortunate change of plan! We drove through some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen. This country girl was in heaven. It was one of my favorite parts of our entire trip!
I wrote about the train ride here and told the road trip story in detail here, if you want to see.
And if you are interested in listening to some new original American rock 'n roll, check out my husband's new song, appropriately called "Out My Window."

8 comments:
The Sarlat area is very beautiful. Quiet, pretty, not invaded by the crowd, perfect to enjoy France ;)
Nice choice... and beautiful post.
What a lovely trip! Backroads and backstreets are the best way to visit a new place. Lucky you!
oh that sparkling river!
So spectacular! I love driving in the countryside in Europe!
I backtracked into your France trip and was pleasantly surprised. France has never been on my list to visit, but you certainly showed that it it packed with charm. Of course, it's the countryside that wooed me. :>)
I bet that train trip was awesome. We got lost in Ireland too---was wonderful!
I really enjoyed Gary's song "Through My Window." I could relate to it and I wasn't blasted out of the room. ;>)
So, beautiful! Getting lost on vacation often leads to the best discoveries, doesn't it?
nothing like getting lost in France! :)
Post a Comment