Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

April 9, 2013

corner view~shadow

Hello corner viewers.  Today is the perfect day to share something with you.  A few months ago Annabel wrote a song called Shadow.  Here she plays it live on electric guitar in her cool rock star outfit.  

She has been writing a novel and lots of poems too.  She would be thrilled to have feedback with her writing, if you have time to jump over to her new blog, Glimpses of Imagination, and say hello.   

Meanwhile, "Shadow" is a very evocative song, I think.

Lyrics -
Frozen darkness speared with the light
I turn away so I will not see
Your reflection
I know it's not real
So why can't I burn you away?

And I know I shouldn't be asking questions to myself
I'm only gonna hurt

So turn around, let me see your eyes
Don't look away from the damage you've done
Hold me
Don't abandon
Like I always knew you would
But I fell for your shadow

Empty trenches filling with sand
Are they still trenches?
Is our anger love

Show me
Your face again
It's made of glass and your sockets are hollow
Eyes, they are on fire
I can't look away from your shadow

I try to talk to you but I walk away in tears
Is it so hard to say?

"I love you. Your beautiful."
And look me in the eye.
Don't fall back into your other world
Where everything is burning
The pain keeps them alive

Pull your hand away
Pull your mind away from my tears
Because I won't love a shadow.

7 comments:

likeschocolate said...

WoW! What a grown up song! Amazing! Are you sure your only 14?

Francesca said...

great attitude Annabel, go for it! but the song is so sad! from where i see it, it's not all that bad, I promise! :)

simply bev said...

Great song!

kat said...

Wow! I have heard a lot worse song lyrics. There is a real talent! I like that I can sense a true feeling and the feeling is viewed on different angles. I would say, just keep writing!

Le monde dÖ said...

wow! what a nice song!!!! perfect for this CV!!!

shayndel said...

Beautiful! Congratulations Annabel!

Heather said...

Beautiful lyrics and she has a lovely voice!