Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

January 31, 2012

corner view~light

This Christmas I got Gary a tiny Tiffany lamp for his nightstand that he loved.  I decided I wanted one too, and was lucky to go back a week later and find a matching one at the store.

I love stained glass and mosaics and especially these types of lamps.  I don't collect much but if I were to collect something it would be these lamps.  I would love a larger one.  Does anyone collect anything?

24 comments:

swig said...

a promise of spring and summer (for those of the Nothern hemisphere, like me…) have a nice day!

PoetessWug said...

What a beautiful lamp!...And yes, I collect...rocks, yarn, jewelry boxes, jewelry, pens, etc... LOL I could go on, but I'll spare you!

;) said...

A lovely lamp for a beautiful light. Have a nice week.

nadine paduart said...

i believe my collections are never ending and ever emerging. mhm... i'm fine with tiffany, i like the filtered light though.
n♥

Debra said...

And isn't the dragonfly supposed to bring luck? A nice thing to wake up to.

Joyce said...

I can see how you both feel in love with the lamps. I like how all the different pieces become one. The colors are beautiful. It looks like a dragon fly in it? Is it?
Oh my friend I do collect. I started with angels, things I find that tickles my fancy on a walk, ribbon ect... xo

Anonymous said...

oh, what a nice lamp. I really lige tiffany lamps but they are quite difficult to find around here.

and no, I am not a collector :)

Elizabeth said...

I love the dragonfly motif.
I don't collect anything but I have made a few mosaics. They are very much the same aren't they? Mosaics and stained glass, just a different medium, both beautiful.

Francesca said...

Beautiful light! I would love a Murano chandelier - but for now, I collect sea glass :)

Kristin said...

The light from stained glass is wonderful.

Redeker said...

this is a special light, beautiful lamp!!

likeschocolate said...

Love the dragon fly on the lamp!!!!

Heather said...

One of the things I collect are items bearing dragon flies. So, when you tire of your lamps, send them to me :-) I also collect china tea cups, pots and dessert plates; glass vases.

Mezzamay said...

Lovely lamp.... and it's good to collect something that actually looks good AND has a use.
I collect things for my hobbies...i.e. knitting and sewing...so I have a lot of yarn and fabric...probably more than I can get through in a lifetime :-P

Crochet Renee' said...

I love stained glass, especially dragonflies...and peacocks! How nice that you found a match for the first one.

tanïa said...

Love the dragonfly motive!

Dana said...

Beach glass / pottery...but only bc it's so small and so pretty together.
D

isabelle said...

thanks for sharing your light ...

flowtops said...

It's a lovely lamp.

No collections for me. I am the total opposite of a hoarder. My life would still be full if I had no stuff.

But the other Tops make up for that by collecting massive amounts of stuff...

Nicki

Mlle Paradis said...

sometimes i think i'm a collecter and then i see collections that count in the twenties and the hundreds........and i have to think again!

Menthe Blanche said...

The light of these lamps is always nice and cozy.

shayndel said...

Beautiful light, and lucky to have found a matching pair!

la ninja said...

matching lamps for a matching boy & girl.
re. your comment: the beach is near amsterdam, north of netherlands.

Don said...

Beautiful light! I collect only dust.