This photo of my friend's Buddha made me think of a song from long ago...
Hello world here's a song that we're singin', come on get happy.
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin', we'll make you happy.
Anyone recognize these lyrics?
A new year is always a good time to say goodbye to things we need to let go of and make space for new experiences. And what better way to do this than with a smile on our faces?
We can travel a long way and do many things, but our deepest happiness is not born from accumulating new experiences. It is born from letting go of what is unnecessary, and knowing ourselves to be always at home. - Sharon Salzberg
10 comments:
I think those lyrics come from the old 70's TV show, "The Partridge Family". It's been a while since I have seen that!
Just looking at Buddah is making me happy!
I love that happy Buddha, and I love your positive, happy spin on nearly everything.
Nice quote - I like how it brings in the sense of being at home.
This Buddah looks like he's chuckling at a really good joke--makes me smile to look at him!
Not too long ago I read a summation of Anne Frank:"she chose to be happy; every day she woke up choosing to smile."
If she can do that, surely I can.
This is a wonderful post to ring in the new. :>)
off it goes. all the unnecessary weight. hooray!
i love your quote.
it sort of helps alot with a young adult trying to get his head around exams. mhmm..
thxs.
n♥
beautiful quote.
Spot on, Theresa. Letting go is key to so many things in our lives.
Nicki
Beautiful my friend. xo
Post a Comment