2008: I wrote about this day a couple of years ago. We had just started homeschooling the girls and one winter day, it rained. A big deal in our parts. Quite rare.
I let them go outside with umbrellas, and eventually it turned to just playing in the warm rain.
What a fun time. The freedom they felt with their new lifestyle was evident on their faces.
I personally love when we get rain. It cools everything and my plants seem to vibrate with happiness. After a good rain I can see their growth overnight.
Next week we will write about "improvising." This idea comes from Anna.
Please give me more ideas of what you wish to write about in your comments. Happy December to you all!



39 comments:
must be great to have warm rain and play in it as a kid (or grown up!!)
I think you are lucky overthere! Here in the Netherlands there is a lot and a lot and a lót of rain...But now it is snowing and i think that that is so much better....(cornerview-theme:snow? or Ice? or Cold?)
yes, ofcourse cooling rain (in summer) is heaven and a half! it is a little cold around here these days though. rain is turning to snow as we speak. oi, oi... ;)
photo3 is a cutie!
Adorable! I'm dying to know where you live! Looks so beautiful! OK, better get writing my blog - forgot it was Wednesday! But first, take Ben to school!
I love the smell of rain on hot concrete. I remember as a child playing in hot rain, but when it rains here in Georgia it is always cold.
That's the joy and the beauty of Singing in the rain ! Niiiiice.
Knowing the story behind it makes these pics even more beautiful!(jeej you picked my theme :)
Oh the happiness of playing in the rain! Joy! Improvising huh- I fear I will be, well improvising!
seems that she had a lot of fun, i dream of warm rain!
happy december to you too
I love dancing and playing in the rain! Would you believe as I type this the news is on about heavy rain in Atlanta GA. lol... Beautiful photos of your girls in the rain- I can feel their happiness. xo
ohhh, warm winter rain? so jealous of that! and what a great thing to get to do with your homeschool girls. at regular school, you couldn't ever do this. it must have felt like so much freedom!
What a happy rainy day! As we have really a lot of rain around where I'm living I am quite happy to have more snow right now rather than rain! ;o))
Fun photos! Please send us some WARM rain over:)!
Yes, I can see the joy in their faces! Have you ever read the short story, "All Summer In A Day" by Ray Bradbury? I 'taught' this in middle school -- your children might enjoy reading and discussing it.
How fun and what great memories they must have!
What about "best marriage/relationship tips?" as a topic? Favorite way of making it through holiday stress, best gift (given or received can be decided by blogger), traditions...
This looks like a "friendly" rain, would love to have the same here!
Nothing more joyful than dancing in the rain!
She makes rain look like so much fun!!! :-)
Those are so Happy!!
-x-
oh! i can tell you the exact year and exact summer when my brothers and sister had an afternoon in warm rain. one of the great pleasures in a young life!
although i'm surprised it rains rarely where you are. in honolulu it rains practically every day if only for a few minutes. when we lived on the mountains it rained nightly. you must be in quite a dry spot! but yes, i appreciate mother nature watering my plants for me too!
cheers!
splish ! splash ! i too love playing in the rain !!
Wonderful rainy day shots! That 3rd one is especially fantastic!
Oh I love warm rain! And I love the smell of it when it hits the hot ground! It's rare here in the UK...usually it's just plain cold and horrid but when I've experienced rain in Spain it's been warm and lovely.
Rain, rain, beautiful rain... so joyful!
Such joy in the rain! Beautiful happy view:))
I'm too scared to take my camera out in the rain to get any good photos. Loving what everyone else has to offer. I DID post a good rainy-day recipe today, in lieu of real rain photos.
warm rain sounds good, nothing warm about the rain in our part of the world, but I have no rain to share this week, hoping to improvise a cornerview next week. A happy december to you, too!
Fantastic.... so much fun in warm rain... love it!!!!
I love being in the rain too. Your kids do look like their having a great time!
beautiful pictures ... warm rain can be very nice :)
I'd love to be in YOUR rain, but I could well do without OURS. Never warm, mostly gray and not without a dulling sense of drizzle. Love the happiness!
I admit, rain on a nice summerday is lovely, but the rest of the year, brrrr
Nice. Oh, to be young and enjoy the rain!
D
Oh the rain!! I can feel the smell of rain just seeing those beautiful and joyous pics!!
Makes me remember when my daughter was born and I was rushing to the car with her in my arms as the rain poured down, and the expression on her newborn face was of wonder, which reminded me of the beauty and delight of rain ... that it's not just something to dash through!
Ah, such exuberance! When I lived in the South I enjoyed the warm summer rains. We just don't get those up here in the Northwest!
amazing! your pretty girls looks so happy!
your photos makes me remember when I was a child and I LOVE play, jump, run, outside the house while was raining, it was so fun came back to home all wet!! thanks for that!
Love all the photos but especially the fifth one. Lovely rain!
awesome pictures, i used to love doing that as a kid :)
Post a Comment