Growing up in New York, summer was a time to swim, get lots of sun on my skin, go to the beach and outdoor concerts, stay up late and watch the fireflies, roast marshmallows around the firepit, and eat fresh locally grown corn, peaches and cherries. Now we live in a place that has an endless summer, so for us, for the past ten years, summer has meant something very different. Every summer we have traveled to a bit cooler weather to see family in beautiful upstate New York. We have also explored North America -- up and down California, New Mexico, Los Angeles, Florida, Virginia, Chicago, Washington DC, and Toronto to retreat and rest, visit and see old friends. A few years ago Gary and I got to go to St. Barth's and last summer we took the kids to France and Italy. Summer is also a time for the girls to perform concerts. I think Shawn is going to join in on the action later this month.









15 comments:
Absolutely love your summer pictures! My, have your children grown. I only visited New York state once, Westfield, to be precise - a 1 mile walk to the shore of Lake Erie. That was a most memorable high school summer.
Happy Corner Viewing day.
Great summer pics!
You have exciting and adventurous summers! What a nice way to spend the season...:^)
theresa, so many great pictures here. your family has a huge fan in new york city... totally wish that i could hear one of those outside performances!
p.s. i responded to your question/comment on my blog but will also respond here. those pictures were taken at my favorite park, teardrop park, in battery park city, just a few blocks from where we live.
I wish that I could hear your sweet children play!
Summer means travel for me too. I really hope to be able to do some this year!
ok- i´ve just caught up with you. looks like you are having a great time. i always say that if we ever move back- upstate ny would be the place :)
Oh this so Americana! Love it!
I do love your photos of summer for this Corner View. The pool looks like a fine place to be.
Just yesterday I happened upon a field of (not-so-common) sunflowers near my house -- a nice surprise.
Have a great day!
Dana
Sounds like music...!
hey, look at your lot. the summer gang :)
(I am not really playing, no. however, I just posted this week. late in typical ninja fashion.)
looks like you are having so much fun.
Love the photos and enjoy your summer.
Great summer photos. After this past winter, I'd love to live in the land of all year summer!
your life sounds fantastic! i think you did it right ;-)
Beautiful summer adventures!
Post a Comment