I have to admit, I am a country girl at heart. Everyone who knows me knows that. But there was something about L.A. Part of it was that we went for a specific reason, so our kids could do an acting boot camp. And the guy who ran it was great. But there was more. Every day was an adventure. Things flowed easily for us. We had a lot of good news come to us while we were there. We "accidentally" found great restaurants - of our favorite cuisines. I felt so relaxed and happy, even when our second place to stay was really problematic. I was tapped into something while we were there. On the city streets, I could feel the magic, I could sense the creativity. Everywhere we went we met people in the entertainment business -- artists, musicians, film score writers, screenplay writers, authors, actors, singers.
A month before we left for our summer trip Gary said, "Let's go to L.A. I just feel drawn to going." Like he knew something I didn't.
I usually get overwhelmed in cities, and yearn for peace and quiet. But I loved L.A. More than I expected to.




5 comments:
I've heard people say LA is a different America but to us folks out here LA is America :)
Your family looks like they are having a grand time.
Good for you! Just serendipitous!
Yay!
I think I'm a city girl who loves the country. It would be great to have both: live in the country, not too far from a city! LA is a city I must visit!
Sometimes you just gotta go to where you're called. ;) Glad you and your family are enjoying it there. Also glad you're posting on the road - such an adventure.
[Virtual] Hugs all around ~ Conny
Post a Comment