This Gulf nightmare gets me thinking about my own dependence on oil. Even though I drive a hybrid car, I still use oil in my home (and car). The oil dependence problem and the negative effects burning oil puts on our environment are so massive they overwhelm me.
A friend sent the email below to me, with the above photo attached (not my work). I think the words and prayer are poignant. Not to be naive (perhaps I am), but when I read the prayer it felt good to say it, and in case you didn't know, I believe in miracles and the power of group prayer. Here is the email:
FYI- Dr. Masaru Emoto is the scientist from Japan who has done research and publications about the characteristics of water. Among other things, his theory is that water physically responds to emotions.
Many people have the predominantly angry emotion when we consider what is happening in the Gulf.
And while justified in that emotion, we may be of greater assistance to our planet and its life forms if we sincerely, powerfully and humbly pray the prayer that Dr. Emoto, himself, has proposed. I am passing this request to people I believe may be willing to participate in this prayer, to set an intention of love and healing that is so large, so overwhelming that we can perform a miracle in the Gulf of Mexico.
We are not powerless. We are powerful.
Our united energy, speaking this prayer daily...multiple times daily... can literally shift the balance of destruction that is happening. We don't have to know how...we just have to recognize that the power of love is greater than any other power active in the Universe today.
Dr. Emoto's suggested prayer:
Let’s give energy of love and gratitude to all the living creatures in Mexico Gulf by praying like this.
To whales, dolphins, pelicans, fishes, shellfishes, planktons, corals, algae and all creatures in the Gulf of Mexico:
I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.
Let us join together in offering this healing prayer.
This is what we all want to see in the Gulf of Mexico.
Sorry this is a bit of a downer post. For more views about what others are noticing go to the sidebar here.


15 comments:
Very beautiful. Are you aware of the event on Saturday to hold hands across the sand? I can't remember the exact name, but if you're near a beach, you should join in!
amen.
Oh you are so right.. it's more than a passing little spill...this is gonna affect us more than we will ever be able to understand. I'm praying along with you!!!! x
Thank you Theresa. I too will pray.
that is really sad.
Very moving. Amen, indeed!
how beautiful, theresa. what a lovely prayer. thank you for sharing it here.
Thanks Theresa. This is my home, South LA. . . I appreciate any efforts to help.
This is so true. I believe we will heal but let's try to be much wiser than we have been in the past.
because i live in brittany the very western par tof France between the Channel & the Atlantic and because we've been hit with bad oil accidents several times, i'm even more sensitive to such disasters... and like you it makes me sad and not to proud of human beings !
and when you think all this could have been avoided and is due to some careless people... well you don't want to get me into this...
i have all the people & animals there in my heart
thank you for the tribute.
It's a nightmare you are right! Thank you for this reminder.
Dr. Emoto's message is powerful. I recently found out about his books and lately have been shown the pictures of the crystals of water that show how water responds to different emotions and music, etc. So I have been 'noticing' this too, and love the message about changing the 'anger' into Love. Yes!!
And play beautiful music, as you do with your family, healing one goes a long way to healing all:))
I feel the same way. It makes me so sad.
I think I pray with you !
there is power in group prayer and so I will pray with you.
there is much we can and have to do. thanks for noticing and sharing this with us.
p.s. I'm enjoying your city of angel shots. you have a lovely family.
Post a Comment