In fifteen days our youngest child will turn seven.
Where has the baby gone?
He is at a point where he doesn't want public hugs, or even private bedtime kisses. Bedtime hugs are okay. It's a healthy sign of independence, I tell myself. But sometimes I miss my baby.
At least I can still do this.
Papa has been away, in Los Angeles finishing a new CD. So Shawn has been the "man of the house." Still a little man.But a tough one.
After all, he is a green belt now.
And he can clobber me in Monopoly. In the above game I had $16 and all mortgaged properties. He had several thousand dollars and several monopolies. I told him when I am an old lady he can get me a proper house.
Don't even ask me about our chess games!
11 comments:
Aw, I feel the same way watching my boys grow. My baby just turned 5.
But they'll ALWAYS be our babies, right?
GreenTween turns 12 at the end of the month, and I just can't believe I have been a parent for 12 years :)
Happy Birthday to your baby! He's a cutie!
They do grow so very quickly. I used to try to sing the song "Where Are You Going My Little One" to our babies, but could never get through without crying. (My 'babies' are now 30, 33, and 34!!) Enjoy them!
aww so cute!!!!!!
Oh, he'll always be your baby, even now that he's his own (little) man!
where do the years go?
Ahw...he has his birthday on the same day as I have mine.
He is such a cute little man...tough but cute. ;)
Big hug, Jeannette
That first picture is so sweet!
It reminds me of my sweet nephew who is 4 and already not cuddling as much! Wish we could bottle that!
Oh, my oldest turned 7 not long ago. It is a big one - so much growth & change at this age. :)
I know how you feel. Goes so, so fast. Happy almost birthday!
Post a Comment