Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

October 15, 2008

thrifting


OK, I'll admit it. I love thrift shops. It's in my blood. Just yesterday I got some inspiration to do some crafting with my kids. I was thinking, "I need to get a bunch of buttons, especially vintage ones, and fabric scraps..." But where? I thought I'd look on Craigslist, maybe post an ad for a mom looking for crafting items.

Today I went into our local Salvation Army, intending to be there just for a few minutes. Well, that turned into an hour. I found a great wooden box to store items for Shawn's new art table, two white linen shirts, various handmade ceramic pieces, including one with a crackle glaze, beautiful colored glass pieces, a hand thrown butter bowl, a box of worry dolls, and these adorable fabric buttons.
I'm still going to place that ad on Craigslist. It has been fun, decorating for fall, and hunting for Christmas decorations. This is the first year we have what I am calling a seasonal "nature table." We don't really have seasons here, but I am bringing the seasons to us, because I miss them.

No comments: