1. All of my children's creative ideas and where they go with them. Here Annabel is painting a seed pod that the kids like to make into boats. She's still in jammies at 11 am, on school break. Shawn is really into building with legos, and Sky is gone all days this week full on recording CD #3.
2. The inspiration to make yummy things to eat...and the fact that my 12 year-old is behind it, and does it almost all herself. Reminds me of how I was at that age.
3. My husband's last album, A Whisper Can Change the World...specifically his songwriting and the arrangements. http://www.garymarksmusic.com/
4. That just yesterday I purchased our airplane tickets to northern California for our November trip!! I am loving that we are going on a rejuvenating retreat. And that we are bringing Annie! (our sitter from a neighbor island)
5. The flexibility and love between these girls. They switched rooms. Sky now has the larger one. Here they are trying to move a mattress.
6. A blog I have discovered called Soule Mama. In fact I am stealing the "ten things" idea from her. http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/. I so appreciate her photography, her heart and the charm.

7. My budding actress, age 9, who wants to win an Oscar, and sings to me at night before bed, asking for feedback.
8. That our son is learning to read and write. Here is his very first letter to me, which I glued into a book I have made of written reflections about his life. Now he is writing real words with the characteristic sprawling script -- so cute. Also I love the hilarious things he says... (totally seriously)"Mommy, this is vantastic. You won't believe it!" and "It tastes good with maple syrup. That's what oatmeal is all about."
9. Facebook. I admit it. I love finding old friends and seeing all of the unique categories my friends fit into, posted videos of old high school friends in rock bands, photos of people's kids, etc. Annabel loves doing the applications (playing games) where we actually raise money for preservation of the oceans, the rainforest and also to help the poor in developing countries.
10. All of the 3 books I am working on at once. I love that I need lists to keep all of the editing straight. I love that the ideas keep flowing with little effort. Now if I just had more time. But I know that will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment