Alpenglow
written by Gary Marks © 1976 Arewea Co. ASCAP
written by Gary Marks © 1976 Arewea Co. ASCAP
Running away like the sun setting cold
with only a remembrance of alpenglow
and its hundreds of miles between.
*
There are times I’m the clouds
and times I’m the sun
but it always just depends upon the afterglow
and that's when I look to you
*
Colors of a windy evening
fade into the mist of distant blues.
*
All of the colors I've felt from you
seem a mere reflection of the ones that don't shine through.
And they've finally darkened you.
*
Colors of a windy evening
fade into the mist of distant blues.
*
Running away like the stars growing old,
with only a remembrance of alpenglow.
And its hundreds of miles between.
*
*
This is one of my favorites of Gary's older songs. He wrote it when he was in his 20's.
Click here to hear: http://www.garymarksmusic.com/gary-marks-music.html#
go to "Listen to Gary's other CDs", then cick on "Gary Marks Anthology I (1972 - 1976)"
second song (Alpenglow)

No comments:
Post a Comment