Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

October 28, 2008

school harvest festival








Annabel, years ago at age 5, once remarked "What if the whole world were a carnival? Wouldn't that be great?"

She is pictured above at the school's "Harvest Festival," after a pie eating contest in which she joined to get the pie, not to win. She ate slowly, on purpose, happily finishing last.

We all went to the festibal. (as Shawn called it) It was great fun and my favorite part was the creative projects that the parents came up with. And someone gave me 2 scrip and I bought an enormous papaya from one of the teacher's family farm. It was as long as a football.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when she said that. I wrote it down right away, posted it on the fridge, and showed you when you got home. I also remember her saying that she wanted to be a tap dancer and a surgeon when she grew up. A tap dancing surgeon.
Ah, Annabel. One must follow that one around with a pen and notebook at the ready.
I miss you all.