
I have decided to take advantage of the daily sunshine and warmth combined with the very little rain where I live - it's the ideal climate for line drying clothes. With the drastic increase in electric bills recently and more awareness of global warming and CO2 pollution, it feels good to do this. I am surprised at how much I love the entire process, the smell of freshly washed damp clothes, hanging them in the morning, taking them down later in the day, the fresh smell the clothes now have from drying in the sun. It brings me outside more and makes me feel connected to the rhythms of life, like watering my garden by hand versus relying on our sprinklers. I feel like I am part of another century when I am doing this activity.
And our new towels are really fluffy, with no need for dryer time!
I am also still hand spraying the tulsi plants I started by seed. They are coming along. We counted 122 today. Not bad for my first nursery.
Thanks Jilly and Heidi for the inspiration to go back to the clothesline. I will never go back to line drying unless I have no choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment