These photographs tell a story. Sometimes it's good to do things unplanned. Our friends were visiting from all over the U.S. and India. Gary arranged for a small group to go out and see the whales with our local friend Steve, who has a boat. At the last minute Gary couldn't go so he asked me to go in his place. I am usually a little sensitive to boats and don't usually ride on them. But I told him I would drive our friends to the dock and at the last minute grabbed my camera. When I got to the ocean I could see that the water was calm so I decided to join them and go whalewatching. It was incredible.
It was so amazing to watch the land get smaller and smaller and we ventured further into the ocean. We saw lots of whales. We saw a baby and mother, and a small group splashing above the water's surface. We had time so we went to a neighbor island and one of the girls wanted to jump in the water in her clothes. She said it was a life dream to do this. Then one of the boys jumped in and I followed. It was so fun, me with these kids (20's) just enjoying the peacefulness of nature. The water was so blue!
On the way back to shore we saw two whales up very close. And then we stopped the boat and a whale swam right under our boat!

15 comments:
what an experience! that's a vision I'd love to have too :)
WOW...beautiful vision! would love to have a trip like that.
Oh my god...I got goose bumps when I went through your post! That's totally amazing!
I think you can see this on photos or in documentaries many times, but nothing can describe the feeling that you must get, when you have this great experience in real!! I so wish I'll see whales one day, too!
Whales! How exciting!!
such an experience, theresa! good for you you took up the challenge. those big, fat clouds! and these whales.....
actually, i hope, one day...
n♥
How fabulous! I would love to do this!
Whale watching - awesome. Before I read the text I was enchanted by the sky and those clouds.
GORGEOUS! We got a chance to see whales once and it was mom and dad with a baby and he was jumping so cute and sweet!
Wow, that must have been a fantastic experience. A mother whale and her baby. That must be wonderful.
So lucky that you went at the last minute.
Incredible! What a fantastic opportunity! It is wonderful that you were able to go after all. I have always wanted to see whales close up and have been nowhere near doing so.
wow, what a beautiful experience and you must feel so good overcoming the sea challenge :)
Oh, what an emotion, to encounter these huge animals in the sea. Well done, sometimes a little bravery + a little serendipity make our lives so different!
Oh those whales would have had me in tears- so see a momma and baby together. I can't imagine being that close to that large of an animal!
Oh, you must have been so glad that you decided to join in! Lovely clouds, amazing experience. I can almost feel your joy.
Nicki
Yeah! So glad you had such a wonderful time!
Post a Comment