acrylic paint on canvas, 2011
For as long as I can remember I have identified as an artist. I was the class artist in elementary school, took many classes in high school, and majored in fine arts in college. I then went on to get my master's degree in art therapy. We had to do a lot of drawings as part of our study.
These days, twenty years and three kids later, I still try to find time to paint, make collages, write (I am working on a few books), take photographs, and blog. For me, they are all artistic expressions.
I am very happy when I am painting. Saying I am an artist gives life to a part of myself I am trying to resurrect.
8 comments:
You are a true artist, Theresa! I do love your paintings.
Yes, you are definitely an artist!
all what you do sounds very arty to me!!
yey! to artists resurrecting themselves!!! :)
It's true that it's not always easy totake time for yourself in the everyday life. And inspiration does not necessarily come when we decide... Congratulations for your paintings and be an artist for a long time :)
What a bold and beautiful painting!
i quite agree with what you're saying, both here and back chez moi, in the comment. i think that is exactly what i meant too. creative expression is necessary for those who feel it, some take it further, and many many individuals who are just as good as any big name, do never get recognized. i believe that's part of a curriculum vitae too, and sometimes luck is involved.
i've always felt you are an artist of life.
n♥
What a beautiful and powerful painting! Just love it!
Post a Comment