Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

September 18, 2012

corner view~time for myself

Last night we were invited for dinner at a friend's house.  When we first arrived right after I said hello, I took a moment for myself and snapped this photo out their back door.

When I have stretches of time alone I like to water the garden, read, take photos, write, and paint.  I can get lost in these activities.  I think it's crucial that we get lost in these types of things sometimes.  For me, it provides balance and is often when the creative ideas come.

p.s. Regarding commenting on each others' blogs...would anyone please be willing to disable the step that requires comments to type in letters and numbers? The one that says "Please prove you're not a robot?"  Last I checked not too many robots are trying to comment on blogs, lol.  Or am I missing something?  I find this step tedious and unnecessary.  I disabled it on my blog and have no more spam or problems than when I had it. 

9 comments:

Menthe Blanche said...

You were right to photograph this wonderful sunset!

Le monde dÖ said...

mmmhhhh !

These are perfect moments ;) I agree!!

can you rather keep this one ! please

nadine paduart said...

good on you to do just that. the urge must have been overwhelming, and anyway... what a stunning spectacle... it's lovely to read your confident words on taking that time to be creative, or just stop and stand still.

i understand your robot fever... look, i'll disable it, but if spam is coming back to me, i'll have to put it back... i'll just sit it out.
n♥

Kristin said...

What a great heaven.

Bonnie said...

that is a beautiful shot !

i don't like that robot thing either ! i have gotten around it by making it so that i have to approve posts older than 7 days ... the robots don't seem to spam on the newer posts and i can then catch the ones that come through on the older posts before they get to the blog. that has been working well.

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Lovely photograph. Perfect moments captured whilist on your own briefly.

http://hibiscusbloem.blogspot.com/2012/09/corner-view-time-for-myself.html

likeschocolate said...

I think it is disabled on my blog, but if it isn't please let me know. I hate the too. I never get spam. Gorgeous sunset!

Kasia said...

Beautiful evening view...

emma said...

that sky is just perfect!

That robot thing is annoying...