What emotion does this evoke in you? The art therapist in me wants to know.
I made this painting some years ago when Shawn was a baby. Probably 2005 or 2006. (I didn't sign it, silly me).
I had taken a many year hiatus from doing paintings, immersed in mothering my three little ones. But one day I sat down and decided it was time to do some art by golly, and while Shawn was napping I did a few paintings. It was a magic day. I get there every once in a while these days.

14 comments:
Anxiety... because, the reflection could be "quiet" and it's not ;)
Lovely illustration for this CV
This makes me think of calming down after a thunderstorm. The dark clouds pass by, the sea is still troubled, but the sundown turns the scenery into calming colours.
Great choice to approach the theme!
Emotional turmoil . . . because of the contrasting hot and cold colours . . . feelings of being torn between one extreme and the other. What to do?
A fabulous Corner View :-)
in me it's evokes excitement ... i'd like to climb that mountain and swim in that ocean !
apprehension....looks like I might get swallowed...
art has a way of evoking emotions.
I'm excited by the color in this -- the warm, passion of it.
I think the painting is brilliant!
A life full of turmoil and business, but no matter how tough the days get if we look deep inside we find the seed of peace and calminess. We just have to take time to nurture it. xo
hmmm. it makes me feel like two dissparate parts are trying to come together but are having a hard time. torn? is that a feeling?
i think it to be a landscape, theresa, the dark blue the mirroring of the sea into the sky, unreflectingly so.
so.
what do you think?
;)))
lovely quest.
n♥
Ups and downs of life, in a good way. Sometimes we climb and reach the top of the mountain, but to refresh we need to plunge into the deep blue waters.the joy is in the journey of both places.
Turmoil with the promise of a spot of tranquility in that blue.
Wonderful painting and post!
I envy people who can express and let go of feelings through art - writing/painting etc I agree with the above comments, that the painting reflects some kind of turmoil. Does it? I'd love to hear what you were thinking back then!
Fantastic colors and movement! It's beautiful and intense ... joy but also a sense of being overwhelmed by the wave. I like that there is more than one think going on. LOVE how it MOVES!
Post a Comment