Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

August 29, 2012

corner view~countdown and an answer to last weeks' questions


No countdown to Gary's birthday!  It's today!  Today he records three new great songs in the studio.  

Happy birthday Quie.  You are my favorite.  Life with you is a blessing indeed.  Let's have a great day today!

Love, T
wasn't he an adorable tyke?
p.s.
There were so many varied responses to my painting from last week's corner view.  It evoked a wide variety of emotions in people.  That's the beauty of viewing art.  Some of you asked about my state of mind when I was painting   At the time I was feeling really happy to be painting again after a long break.  I was playing with the colors.  For me my abstract paintings are always about playing with colors.  When I look at it now I see a landscape, and despite the whirling colors, and lack of mirroring imagery, the horizontal line in the center somehow gives it balance.   

11 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Oh, just incase you didn't see the reply it was a cupcake with raspberry frosting.

anna said...

Sweet words, sweet pictures :-) congrats!

Francesca said...

Happy birthday to Gary, and congratulations on a wonderful music career (supported by a wonderful and talented wife!)

Bonnie said...

adorable indeed !

Kasia said...

Happy Birthday to your Husband!

Heather said...

Happy birthday to Gary!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby.
What a wonderful day to record new songs!
He has beautiful eyes--a lot of soul with humor mixed in.
And yes, he was an adorable tyke.

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday Gary!! I hope your day was a golden one. Congrats on the new music.
Theresa it was fun to see what everyone saw in your art. I hope you do this again. xo

Le monde dÖ said...

Happy birthday :)

nadine paduart said...

when a countdown comes to its summit, it feels good.
happy b-day!
n♥

flowtops said...

Hubby Birthday ;-)

Make it a good one (oh wait, you already have, haven't you?)

Nicki