Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

August 26, 2012

blue

I'm joining Francesca today at fuoriborgo in this blogging experience of a week of colors.

I made this painting this weekend, completely forgetting that Monday we would be writing about blue.  Well here it is!  This is the first time I experimented with dripping paint, it was fun.  I have to be careful not to use too much blue in my artwork because it is my favorite color.  

I have been sooo busy lately with the kids' new school schedule.  It is far more driving and activities and weekly days off and half days than ever before.  So I was really happy when Gary took the kids out this Saturday to play tennis and later shop for new rackets, because after I cleaned up the kitchen I decided to paint.  Painting and blogging are my creative outlets, so when I take the time to paint or blog it is a way for me to do something I enjoy.  When my life is organized and I have free time I blog more, so when my life is busy and I take the time to blog anyway I feel an expansiveness, like I still have free time.  It is a luxury I give myself even when I have other things I "should" be doing.  And trust me, the "to do" list is still there, unfinished.  But we all have to figure out a way to find balance.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Love the blues in this painting. I have wanted to do the dripping of paint also, but first I have to get back to painting. That part of me was buried many years ago in my first marriage. (I wouldn't let him control that part of me.)
But blogging is a creative outlet for me esp. now that I'm 'allowing' myself to post more often. The photography part of it is also theraputic and enriching.

I remember those hectic days of children's schedules! Now I begin my own with school starting next week.

Also, a quick note: Thank you so much for the surprise in the mail. It truly touched me--brought some tears actually. I will try it and let you know. Gestures like that mean so much to chronic pain sufferers who often have to deal with those who look down on our 'weakness'.

tanĂ¯a said...

Beautiful deeply blue! Love the colours, peaceful somehow.

likeschocolate said...

I love the painting. It is fantastic!

Francesca said...

My life is never organized, that's why I enjoy blogging (and I wish I too had the painting and art you have) :)

PoetessWug said...

Your painting is beautiful!!!

sw said...

It is beautiful!
And how good it is when one can forget all the rest for something special like that...