Sometimes my husband joins me, or one of the girls if they have a day off.
I walk and walk and walk until it's too hot to walk anymore.
Then I jump into the cool, crisp sea. I tread water and stretch my back, and do a few back floats and a handstand or two, happy to have a healthy body that can do these things. I don't swim too far out. I think a little bit about sharks and stay close to shore. I stay in the water longer when I am with Skylar. She never wants to get out. But eventually either way, I get out of the water.
Then I gather my belongings and walk a short path to a public shower. I rinse the sand from my feet, keeping my sandals on.
And then I drive home, and begin my work day.


5 comments:
I was imaginating a walk right along with you. It sounds so peaceful and beautiful to start the day off. Enjoy! xo
Whenever I go swimming, my soul is very grateful for the bodily sensations. To feel water! To glide through it!
Aren't we lucky to have this experience?
Nicki
Sounds dreamy -- I should do the same all the way across the ocean!
I can't think of a better way to spend the day. Lucky you!
Hello Theresa,
I guess I ought to be used to it by now, seeing and understanding that the world we share is such an enormous place. And yet, it always amazes me how different (and sometimes alike) it all seems. Swimming in the morning, so surreal for us up here north. I do think I could have gotten used to that!
Lilli :)
Post a Comment