family reunion, Miller Beach, Indiana, 2011
Growing up we had a firepit in a small forest in our back yard. Some of my happiest memories were sitting around the fire with my parents and siblings, roasting marshmallows, telling stories, and singing songs. My mom set the tone for those nights. I think her years of girl scouts during her childhood growing up in the countryside of Pennsylvania gave her the right to be assigned as our family "scout leader."
I just talked to my mother yesterday. They live in a new house now. She and Dad are shopping for a new firepit, to put in the backyard woods, just in time for our visit. The kids are excited!! Soon we will all be together again.
9 comments:
I would love to have a fire pit in my backyard. Though summer it is really to hot to use. Hope you have some fun summer plans coming up. Happy Summer!
Some of the great memories are created around a fireplace, campfire or firepit. It gives us the moment of silence either deep in our thoughts or sharing our dreams with others. xo
There is nothing like gathering kids and adults around a fire pit - it is the best kind of party.
That's a good plan for your summer!
wow ... that is an impressive fire pit. I sounds very nice to gather around the fire, but I can do without the marshmellows :)
Wonderful memories from your childhood Theresa! When I was a child, we used to have a fire in our garden every summer. We roasted apples,potatoes or sausages. No marshmallows back then, in Poland. We had a lot of fun.
Hugs!
I'd love a firepit at home. Looks like you'll be having a lot of toasted marshmallows by the new one your parents are getting.
http://hibiscusbloem.blogspot.com/2012/05/corner-view-fire.html
oh, that kind of fire, yes. the songs. the dreaminess. the broken hearts.
i've just been to the eighties and back!
n♥
Very nice! I don't have firepit experience but I'm sure it's very pleasant.
Post a Comment